Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Flaming Hot - Getting it Done

This weeks subject on Flaming Hot is how you Get it Done!

The quick answer is - I don't!

I lay in bed at night with pen and paper and start lists. Then I wake up in the morning and expand the lists. I give lists to my hubby to get done. A majority of the time I get about 1/3rd of the things done. There just never seems to be enough time or energy to get in all done in a day. But I do manage to get the important stuff done.

Since I started working outside the home again, I come home pretty exhausted. I never realized how exhausting it is. On top of the 20 hours working, there is the 20 minutes to work and the 20 minutes driving home, 90 minutes before work getting all the dressing, breakfast stuff done, and lunch breaks.. So instead of working 8 hours, you are actually working over a 10 hour day. I much prefer my leisurely mornings I had before I was working but I do like the regular paychecks.

This is one of my new year's resolutions.. To take on only as much as I can handle in a day, make realistic daily goals for myself, and get into a routine.

Think I can do it? Only time will tell..

:-)
Megan

No comments: