Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's All In Your Head!

Do you ever have something in your brain that you have thought about forever and finally after months or years, you are able to accomplish it??

Working on different techniques is finally paying off for me. I am sitting here patiently waiting for the kiln to cool but knowing in my head that I won't be able to see the beads until the morning. Finally have three years, I have made some beads that I had never been able to make before - A dragonfly, a lizard, and frog beads. I had gotten the frog down last week but the dragonfly and lizard I finally tried tonight. Sculptural beads were never really my thing but they are fast becoming an obsession.

I had gotten a sketch book and sketched out the beads earlier in the week and rehearsed the beads over and over in my head all week at work. Kinda like a surgeon does with an operation, I saw my hands making the beads and the steps I would take. My adrenaline was going just hoping that they wouldn't crack on me from the cold but I was able to keep them nice and toasty. They went into the kiln just beautiful. I sure hope they come out that way too.

So I sit and wait....
:-)
Meg

No comments: